Kim Tracy Prince, a Supermom of two, from Los Angeles, California, said:
Once my oldest son started elementary school, the routine of drop-offs and pick-ups and errands and work in between got out of control. Without a naptime for the kindergartner, there was no more down time built into his day, so I instituted “Quiet Time.” After he gets home from school and has a snack, my son goes upstairs to play quietly in his room for 15 minutes, and he can only come out when the timer I set goes off. At first he complained, but when it became clear that I would not budge on this rule, my son resigned himself to this daily ritual. Sometimes he actually falls asleep, but other times he does play quietly or reads a book. And I often take the opportunity to slip off my shoes and curl up on the couch myself.
Thanks Kim — sounds like a super idea to me! Read more of Kim’s mommy musings on her blog.
Have a Super-tip to share? It can be anything related to motherhood and family life, from a favorite recipe, to ideas for activities or a great way to manage an everyday chore. Email your tip to email@example.com. We just might publish your Super-tip next!
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How To Make a Face Mask - No Sewing Needed!
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake - Perfect Every Time
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- How to Customize an IKEA Wall Clock
- Easter Super-Tip!
- Clever Remedy for Medicine Fights
- Supermom Secret: Fresh, Homemade Bread