I don’t know about any of you, but I think I get most of my best ideas in the shower. Something about that hot water running on my head, gets those creative juices flowing. Yet it’s so very hard to remember all those terrific ideas once I get out!
“Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.” –David Allen
My daily planner template includes a section called “CAPTURE.” This spot is where I jot down any ideas that occur to me throughout the day. David Allen says, “Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.” It doesn’t matter what it is — whether it’s something I need to do or an idea for a post — the point is to get all your ideas out of your mind.
When I’m away from my planner page, I can email myself the ideas that come to me, but what about in the shower? I keep a dry erase marker in the bathroom where I can jot things down on the shower door.
If you don’t have a glass shower or if your shower door gets splashed too much while you’re showering (the dry erase only writes if the glass isn’t wet) then there is also this waterproof notepad or this waterproof white board.
Earlier this week I talked about the system I’m using to help me organize and declutter my life. It’s inspired by the book Getting Things Done by David Allen. His philosophy encourages you to capture those ideas that occur to you right when you think of them. By getting ideas down onto paper you don’t have to waste your brain’s energy trying to remember things.
I’ll be the first to admit that organization is not my strength, but I’ve been learning a lot about how to organize my life, and I shared a bunch of these organizing tips in my last post along with the free printable weekly planner templates I’m using, so be sure to read it if you haven’t yet.
- I'll Be at Pinners Conference This Weekend!
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How To Make a Face Mask - No Sewing Needed!
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- How to Customize an IKEA Wall Clock
- Bettijo's Urban Farmhouse Kitchen Reveal!
- Yippee Baby Gender Reveal Party
- Baby's First Christmas Ornament + Big News
- Glitter Love Free Printables!
- Easter Super-Tip!
- Clever Remedy for Medicine Fights
- Supermom Secret: Fresh, Homemade Bread