We recently did a very cool Bali-inspired birthday party shoot for One Charming Party. There were so many things to love about this party, but my favorite was our Fruit Tasting activity.
I think it is so fun and smart to encourage kids to branch out and try some new foods. Although most kids would probably have turned their noses up at the sight of any one of these exotic fruits, in this setting they are apt to be more adventurous. We even had a nifty form for them to fill out.
FOR PICKY EATERS: While perfect as a party game, I couldn’t help, but think how this might be useful for dealing with picky eaters. Rather than all the typical tactics, why not turn it into a scientific experiment and let them evaluate different foods? They might just find more foods to add to their “will eat” list. Also the whole star rating thing means it’s more than a simple yes/no thing. They have to decide just how bad (or slightly OK) it is. This might provide Mom some insight into which foods aren’t so totally offensive that they could be worth pushing?
So I’ve adapted our fruit tasting card into one that says Food Tasting. Very official. Of course I’m not a child psychologist, but I think this might work!
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- How To Make a Face Mask – No Sewing Needed!
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- STEM Fun: How to Make Bristle Bots
- Free Printable Branding Worksheet
- Olympics Craft Idea: Printable Russian Dolls
- Frozen Birthday Cake Ideas: Snowball Tower
- How to Host a Rapunzel Party
- Remembrance Day Red Poppies
- Primary Handwriting Paper
- Domino Addition
- Good As New