Heather C, a Supermom of two, from Chesapeake Beach, Maryland, said:
Is your floor getting spots and you don’t have time to mop? Call the spot detectives! My mother did this when I was young, and I remember loving the “game.” Here’s what to do: give the kids a squirt bottle with water and a rag, then tell them that they are spot detectives. We usually set some boundaries so they don’t go crazy on the carpet, and this would be even more important if you have wood floors. Then I let them have at it. My daughter loves going around and getting the spots, and while she doesn’t get the floor perfect it is much, much better.
Thanks Heather for that Super-tip!
Have a Super-tip to share? It can be anything related to motherhood and family life, from a favorite recipe, to ideas for activities or a great way to manage an everyday chore. Email your tip to firstname.lastname@example.org. We just might publish your Super-tip next!
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- How To Make a Face Mask – No Sewing Needed!
- How to Cut Out a Snowflake – Perfect Every Time
- How to Organize Kitchen Drawers
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- #ChooseKind Free Printable Pack for Wonder Book
- Teaching Kids to Clean
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- Organization Ideas for Moms
- How to Customize an IKEA Wall Clock
- Kid-Friendly Laptops at Staples
- Good As New
1 thought on “Spot Detectives”
I love this idea. Spot detectives to the rescue! Ellie will be deemed our newest spot spotter on the case. Can’t wait to have cleaner floors on more neglectful days.