We had three leftover hamburger buns sitting in our bread box. I saw them when I was scrounging around for something to make for lunch and decided I should use them up. So I started spreading peanut butter and strawberry jam on the buns, but I was a bit worried my girls might balk at the buns and want “normal” bread.
Then I had a stroke of genius: I grabbed a banana and cut it up into french-fry pieces and got some strawberry yogurt out of the fridge for “ketchup.” I called the girls over and told them we were having silly hamburgers with french fries and ketchup for lunch. They looked around at the table a bit confused and then started laughing.
“These aren’t hamburgers,” Atty said.
“Sure they are. Just use your imagination,” I replied.
They quickly joined me as we dipped our silly french fries in the silly ketchup. We decided that the silly hamburgers actually tasted yummy dipped in the ketchup too. The girls giggled all through lunch and ate up every bite.
Has to be the best use for leftover hamburger buns ever!
- Party Planning Checklist: How To Plan a Party & Keep Your Sanity!
- Instant Pot Tacos Recipe
- How To Make a Face Mask – No Sewing Needed!
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- #ChooseKind Free Printable Pack for Wonder Book
- Teaching English Online From Anywhere
- Moana Party Food Ideas: Pulled Pork & Pineapple Coleslaw
- Moana Heart of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
- “Diaper Bash” Emoji Party Ideas for a Funny Emoji Baby Shower
- Help for Toddler Bumps & Bruises
- My Favorite Christmas Treat