It’s Bonnie here from Whisk ‘Em with another installment of the Books Alive summer reading series. The Boy Who Wouldn’t Share is one of the very favorite picture books at our house! I love reading this cute book with its catchy rhymes, fun illustrations and timeless struggle of sharing with siblings. All my kids have almost completely memorized this adorable story!
In the book, Edward has a hard time letting his little sister Claire share his toys… until she gets a plate of fudge all to herself and he wants a piece. I thought it’d be fun to make the story come alive for my kids by making fudge for us to share, but considering the scorching temperatures we’ve been seeing here in Phoenix, we opted to make fudgsicles instead!
Homemade Fudgsicle Recipe
1 cup milk (or non-dairy alternative; we used Rice Milk)
3 TBS sugar
3 TBS cocoa powder
Add the sugar and cocoa powder to the milk and whisk well. (When we make these again, I might consider adding some melted chocolate chips to increase the chocolate flavor but my kids loved them just as they were.) Pour the liquid into the popsicle molds, add sticks and freeze… that’s it!
A couple of notes:
- This was our first time using this fun round popsicle mold I got off Amazon, and we loved it. It makes tiny popsicles, just 2/3 oz, which is perfect for my little ones, who can’t finish a big one on their own. Since it makes nine pops, there were enough for my big kids to have two!
- Our popsicles separated a bit as they sat in the freezer which might bother some people, although my kids didn’t mind it. I’m thinking this might be a result of using the rice milk, and I’d bet using whole dairy milk and/or heating the mixture while stirring would solve this issue.
Thanks for tuning in for my first contributor post here on Paging Supermom! I’m Bonnie, a chaos-loving mom of 7 kids who spends her days homeschooling and cleaning messes, and her nights sewing and blogging about life and creativity at Whisk ‘Em. Thanks for having me, Bettijo!
- Easy Halloween Dinner Ideas
- How to Make a Sundial + Summer Activities
- Leprechaun Handprints: Easy St. Patrick's Day Kids Craft
- GLOW GUIDE: Glow in the dark Party Ideas
- Moana Heart of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
- How to Have a Toast Bar
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Make a Gold Medal
- Snow White Birthday Party Ideas
- Shooting Star Scissor Worksheet
- Tangled Party Games & Activities
- The Best Ranch Dip Ever! (Also the Easiest)