Firefighter Party

food table

I cheated. Totally cheated. Liam recently turned four years old, and he wanted nothing more than a firefighter party. Rather than doing an all out birthday party like I’m known for, I went the easy route: I simplified. There were no handmade games. No firefighter brigade shirts for all attendees. Not even a meal was offered. And, wait, it gets worse: I didn’t send out a paper invite. I did the unthinkable: I sent a t-vite. That’s right: a TEXT!

GASP!

Now that I’ve sufficiently buried my head in shame, let me share a few highlights from what he thinks was his firefighter “party”.

water

veggies

embers + fruit

colored drinks

liam + flames + hoses

favors

food table from side

Guests were given firefighter hats upon arrival. The favor bags included a firefighter book, red candy, firefighter safety and coloring book with crayons and a few other unnecessary firefighter goodies stuffed into kraft paper sewen together.

All in all, Liam still turned four. And a few months later, he’s still talking about his really cool firefighter party.

Note to self: little kids are happy for any kind of party—even parties that don’t exceed YOUR expectations.

About Aimée

Aimée is a co-founder and designer here at Paging Supermom. Although she dreams in pink, she wouldn’t trade her two energetic boys for anything. Between using The Force on surrounding battle droids and flying to infinity and beyond, Aimée enjoys squeezing in some personal creative time. With a background in advertising, marketing and design, she is proud to stay home raising her boys.

Comments

17 Responses to Firefighter Party
  1. Papa B says:

Awesome party, wish my kids could have been there!

2. Ellen says:

I like the balance between the good for you and not not so good for you food choices. Your color combinations truly help play up the colors of fire. All the labels are cute too! Bravo! Bravo!

3. April says:

Wow – I don’t think this party isn’t anything to hang your head in shame over! It’s adorable and very creative. I love the felt ‘fire’ bunting :) Sometimes it’s fun to create a more low-key party to balance out those perfectly-planned events.

4. April says:

Ooops – The bunting looks like it’s fabric, not felt, but still so cute!

5. The bunting is made from fabric that I cut with pinking shears. I had leftover yellow, orange and red flame-ish fabric from a sunshine quilt square. I tried to use what I had on hand for this party.

6. Dana Broderick says:

I thought it was perfect…not overkill for you but still adorable and exciting for your kid!! I love all the names for the food and candy…very clever!

7. Debbie says:

No matter what you say, nothing about this party was low key. It was FANTASTIC… just like all your parties, just not quite as much work. Great job as usual.

8. tash says:

Planning a firefighter party for my son….I love your ideas (and I have looked at a LOT of blogs) simple, creative and fun!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

9. Lauren says:

Very cute party idea!! Where did you find the red and white straws? I love them!

10. Jennifer says:

How did you make the labels on everything? So cute!

11. Pam says:

Love your ideas, especially the labels on the food items. I’d like to recreate some of the food labels for my son’s firefighter birthday next month.

12. Leslie Vickrey says:

How did you make the labels?