I can think of few things more indulgent than a body mask, but I can think of a whole lot of things that I should be saving or spending money on rather than a trip to the spa. Times may be rough, but you can still enjoy super-soft skin with this recipe for a homemade body mask.
Papaya contains papain, an enzyme that helps to soften skin and aid digestion. It is also a natural source of alpha hydroxy acids, which help exfoliate skin leaving you supple and smooth.
1 Ripe Papayas
1 tablespoon Honey
2 drops Mandarin Essential Oil (optional, available at most health food stores)
2 drops Petigrain Essential Oil (optional)
1. Cut papaya and remove seeds.
2. Blend the papaya, honey and lime juice until smooth.
3. Remove from the blender and mix in essential oils, if using.
4. Apply to face and body and, if desired, boost the mask’s penetration by doing a body wrap*
5. Relax for 20 minutes while the Papaya works its skin-softening magic.
*For the ultimate indulgence, I suggest making this mask in the evening (after your little ones have gone to bed), then wrap up in an extra sheet cocoon-style and enjoy a little quiet time.