Inspired by a classic paper chain, we created this sweet heart garland for the local Raising Arizona Kids magazine. It’s the perfect way to brighten up your mantel, and so simple you could make extras to spread the love around your neighborhood this Valentine’s Day.
Your kids can help make this sweet Valentines decoration — all you need is colored paper, staples and string. Read our full article at Raising Arizona Kids.
TO MAKE: Use colored construction or scrapbooking paper — one sheet of four colors is more than enough for a standard banner. This is also a perfect project for using up paper scraps. Cut paper into one-inch strips length wise (cut size 1″x11″). Fold paper strip in half and crease (folded size 1″x5.5″). Bend the loose ends of your folded strip towards the middle and pull down (forming a heart shape) and staple into place. Using a single hole punch, cut through the middle and each side of the heart. Thread finished hearts onto string to create your garland. Be sure to encourage your youngsters to practice pattern-making skills as they string the garland.
Have extra hearts? Toss them in a glass bowl and display like Aimée did on her entry table below — so pretty!
- Thanksgiving Kids Table & Thankful Chain
- Inspirational Easter Table Setting Ideas & Free Printable Pack
- Tin Can Drum Thanksgiving Kids Craft
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe in a Crockpot
- Sweet DIY Gift Ideas + Cut Shrinky Dinks with Cricut
- Fun Family Game: Cover Your Assets Game Review
- How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs + Free Printable Chocolate Frog Box
- Make a Forest: DIY Paper Christmas Trees Decor
- Easy Cupcake Wars Party Ideas
- Handmade Holiday Decor + Free Printables
- Simple Leprechaun Dress Up
- We Love Ruby Valentine